Tuesday, September 7, 2010

One Week to Ground Zero

Its been quite a popular emphatic statement to say that this is the final week until the 9th memorial of the World Trade Center/Pentagon Tragedy that occurred on September 11th, 2001. But if you are here following me on my critically acclaimed inconsequential blog rather than reading some publicly traded news periodical then I can safely say you like me don't give a damn about the WTC/Pentagon Anniversary coming up.

I just thought I would blog about my weekend as I have not done that much lately.

FRIDAY
Only You
I have five close friends who I thought about on Friday but I didnt get the opportunity to confront. I have been missing them while I was on tour. They are: Andy, Melki, Naoto, Jeff, and Victor-Elvis.
Life is sad when you miss people who are not near you but who are close to your heart.

SATURDAY
The Social Integration
Social Integration is a very important thing to me. On Saturday the morning nothing seemed to be going right for me. I bombed in church, I bombed at home, I even bombed when it came to AYS. But I had much fun at the social event in the evening. Everyone else played games and I talked with George, Kelly, and Jewel. What amazes me is that we were able to walk away with intellectual property without infringing on each other's copyrights XD !. I love Social Integration. It takes one out of the falsehood of American everyday living and puts one into a proper global perspective.

SUNDAY
Upside Down Society
I spent the day attending a funeral in Wilmington, and in the evening went to spend 2 hours by my girl's house. She is so sweet, but her friends made us go to chinese stores I didnt like, and finally, She and I ditched them and went to the chinese take out store I loved and ordered something for me and her. The running around took about an hour and a half, which left us with an hour before she went to work. We chilled at home and then she and I walked the thrity minutes foot-march to Wilmington Hospital, where she took the shuttle to Newark, and I was left for 4 hours waiting on a ride. halfway through I saw a woman in torn clothes ambling down the street homeless and DUCT TAPE SHOES. I took out a hundred dollars and chased her down but she kept waving me away. Then she threatened my life so I sat down and waited 2 more hours until my ride came. What an Upside Down Society.

MONDAY
Kimochi Warrior
I had insomnia until 5 AM the night before so I sat up and wrote four songs.
I overslept and woke up about 11 AM was forced to make amendments to my schedule for the day. I rushed to the ACMEs in Hockessin where all was well and Pike Creek, where the manager, Manju, held me up while bringing 5 carts of bread and sweets through the front door without going to the checkout.
Apparently she didn't know all expenses had already been paid in advance and now my morning was ruined.
The evening was full of festivities as my church was holding something at Lums Pond State Park. We shared the area with a small group of Chinese and about 3 dozen Latinos. I learned a valuable lesson as well...it pays to spend 5 hours on relaxation and fun. I truly enjoyed myself and we ended the day of fun in prayer. I think I will keep attending church functions.

So thats my weekend. Labor Day was the Monday so I included it in my weekend.
If you are reading this, my love, please dont forget me. I missed you through all of it.
And no, I dont hate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment